Export 3-D

VW files can be exported as dxf/dwg files in vw 10 including the surface of these objects.

If you have a CAM machine that can use DXF files for this purpose, you should be able to do it.

What version of VW do you have now and what type of problems are you running into when exporting and sending to a cam machine?

VW 10 allows IGES and STL file export.

Would either of these exports be compatible with the die-cutters?

Unfortunately, I don't know much about CAM machines and die cutters, etc.

I have a basic overview of them, but nothing too in depth.

AS FAR AS I KNOW THE CUTTERS WILL ACCEPT A DXF FILE, MY CONCERN IS WOULD I HAVE TO EDIT 2-D OBJECTS AND EXTRUDE THEM RATHER THAN USE SUBTRACT/INTERSECT SOLIDS? WITH THE 2-D EDIT OPTION, OFTEN UNWANTED LINES APPEAR. IF I EXPORT A DXF WOULD THESE UNWANTED LINES BE A PROBLEM IN THE INCOMING PROGRAMME?

-ALSO, I HAVE SHOWN ANOTHER CLIENT CROWN MOLDING DESIGNS, BUT I FIND I HAVE TO USE RAYMAKER TO ILLUSTRATE EVEN A SIMPLE ISO. DRAWING AS AN EXTRUDED MOLDING IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO UNDERSTAND AS A FINAL HIDDEN LINE DRAWING. IS THERE A MORE SIMPLE WAY TO SHOW A LINE DRAWING OF THINGS LIKE TUBES, MOLDING, STEEL WIRE ETC. IN 3-D SO THAT I DO NOT HAVE A MASS OF MENINGLESS LINES? OR DO I HAVE TO DO WHAT I DO NOW, IE. DRAW PLAN, ELEVATIONS, AND THEN RENDER AN ISO. IN RAYMAKER? MANY CLIENTS JUST WANT A LINE DRAWING AND I FIND I HAVE TO ADD LINES IN A LAYER "ABOVE" THE RENDERED ISO. VIEW.