Sectional Viewports - Preventing section cuts moving on Sheet Layer

Hi all

- I create a sectional viewport on a sheet layer

- When I change the length of the section marker that links to the sectional viewport, the position on the sheet of the section within the sectional viewport changes, messing up the layout of my sheet and meaning all my annotation is misaligned to the section cut.

I want to be able to fine tune the presentation of my section markers (ie. their length) at any point without messing all my drawings up.

Is this possible? Am I doing something wrong when setting my sections up?

Many thanks,

Mike

I stand corrected but I guess you are placing your notes in annotations which is basically a sheet that sits over your design layers, so if you move the design layers under the notes will not follow so you will have to move the notes on the annotations layer to match.

Alan, it is important that you do not move your section markers after you have created your section viewports, otherwise the sections will move on the sheet layer. If you have added notes and dimensions to your section viewport, they will no longer line up with the objects that they are supposed to.

Another way of doing this might be to put your section elevation markers on your design layer, then put manual section markers in the viewports that you want. This will allow you to move those markers without affecting the section.

Edited by Jonathan Pickup