switching between drawings dosen't work

zero

Hiya

win2k, vwa10.1

I cannot switch between drawings using the menu command Window.

I have two or more open drawings. When I choose Window, then try to 'switch' to another drawing, VW begins to "click to insert a shelf", or other such command.

This happens with the Architect workspace, the Classic workspace, and my custom. The command initiated seems to vary depending on the current workspace.

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Do you have a worksheet open in the file you are working in when you try to switch to another file?

Do you have any other people in your office running VW 10.1 ?

If so, can they duplicate this problem?

This was a problem in VW 9.something and was fixed for VW 9.5.0 or .1.

You shouldn't have this problem under Vw 10.x.

Have you tried to reinstall VW ?

Are any other commands or tools giving you options for a completely different command/tool?

This may or may not be the same bug, but anyhow: I have also encountered the inability to have a VW document respond when I have two or more documents open at the same time. This specifically occurs when I open the documents by shift selecting their icons them then double clicking. The top-most document will not respond to keyboard or menu commands until I first select the rear-most one then return to the top-most. This occurred originally in VW10.0.0 and continues in 10.1.

VWA 10.1, MacOS 9.2.2, 768 MB RAM

I don't think I have a worksheet open in either of the documents...how do I check?

No one else in the office uses VW

I haven't tried reinstalling VW, but I have updated to VW10.1

I get the same result whether or not the other files are minimised.

THANK YOU!!

• 2 years later...

This problem exists for me as well, and has for quite some time. I am using VW 10.5.1 with a G4 mac os 10.2.8. When I have multiple drawings open I cannot use the "Window" column to switch between the drawings.

The correct drawing will show up on the screen when selected. But any command will not work until I slide the frame over, click on the other drawing, and then click back on the drawing I want.

Has anyone solved this problem yet??? I have noticed the same problem in ms word as well, so maybe it is a mac os problem.

thanks [Confused]