Problem with Floor: image fill and render texture

Penuelas

Hello there! That´s my first message in this forum. It´s a great source of information about VW, so I hope somebody could help.

I have a document with many floors. In theory, any floor have "symbolic" propieties: They have a 2D component and a 3D one. If the floor appears in Top/Plan view, it can show a gradient or a hatch, for example. But in a 3D view, it shows a completely independent render texture.

Well, in my document, the use of image fill and render texture is incompatible. If the 2D fill is a plain color, the render texture shows perfectly in 3D, but if the fill is an image or a gradient, the floor looks like "wireframe" in a OpenGL or Renderworks view.

I´m telling "in my document" because, if I copy and paste that very floor in another document, it shows properly at any view. So I guess that the problem should be in the configuration. I checked everywhere, but i cannot find the origin of the problem.

Someone have any clue? Thanks!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You should be able to have both types of fill without that occurring. If it works when copied into a new file however, then it may be an isolated problem with your main file.

If you like, send it to me at tech@vectorworks.net and I can have a look.

Though you may be able to use this procedure to bring the design layer info from your file into a new one and resolve the issue:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/790/Layer+Import

However, the above procedure doesn't keep Sheet Layers, so if you have large numbers of sheets with complex annotations, that workaround may not be worth it.

Hi,

Seems that gradients only show up in a 2d object, as soon as it becomes a 3d you lose the gradient. Shows when you edit the 3d object you see the original gradient 2d object.

You can create your own gradient texture and put it on an object see attached

Edited by Alan Woodwell