Changing class of linked text

I was really hoping with 2015 they would bring this back.

I use a lot of linked text. Nothing fancy that links to a database just symbols with data fields that I can type into.

Like my Title block, and a table #, or the name of something.

One of my drawing tricks is to duplicate a symbol and edit the new symbol, and maybe I want that link text to have a different class so I can turn it on in different viewports.

Maybe sometimes I might make a symbol and have the wrong class turned on when I create the linked text and don't realize it until I go to make my viewport. Now If I want to assign that linked text a class I can not, and I have to create new text and relink. Most of the time I don't lose the data I've already entered in the symbol (most of the time).

Here's what kills me. Back in VW2013 we could change the class in linked text, but with 2014 that went away, and here we are with 2015, and still not there.

Does anyone else have this issue or am I the lone person that even uses this?

-mickey

I use linked text but have never encountered this. Sounds suspiciously like a bug to me. Changing the class should not affect the linking.

VW does seem to have lost the ability to show you where your text is linked to though. Used to be you could open the link text dialog and it would highlight a field if the text was already linked to it.... seems to be gone now.

Kevin