Adding prefixes to revision data on Sheet Layers

We are currently updating our workflows to comply with the British Standards for BIM [bS1192:2007].

The standard requires that our drawing revision numbers take the format of a letter followed by a number. i.e P1, P2, C3, etc.

The letter needs to either be a P for work-in-progress drawings or a C for post-contract drawings. The number which follows this increases sequentially following each revision.

We can't seem to find a way to add the letter prefix to the :rNo code which we are using to display the revision data. I had hoped that if we could add the prefix to the code we could then have two different title blocks for P revisions or C revisions.

Unless there is a better way?

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

sorry can't help but i need help making my revision info work.

I just created a new title block and added a revision column and even made the text for this :rNo etc in the Record. However this does not seem to alter when added to a sheet and adding a revision in the object info palette.

It changes the standard revision block but not my new revision info.

I understand this information is held by the sheet border but how do i make it link to my own revision format?

I hope I explained this well enough!

cheers

Paul

There is a very easy solution.

Create a custom field in your titleblock record that will hold the character P or whatever you want it to be.

Inside your titleblock symbol, create a TEXTblock LEFT from the :rNO textblock and assign that record field to it. Align it right, align the number left.

There you go ;)