VW2015 Architect - View Transition Animation

I have VW 2015 Architect/Renderworks with SP2 installed. I can't seem to get the new 2015 feature "View Transition Animation" to work. When I select various saved 3d or 2d views it just jump cuts to the selected view, no 'tweening smooth transitions between views. The “View transition animation" switch is checked on under the Interactive tab in the Vectorworks Preferences control panel. I’ve looked in Vectorworks Help & online but I can’t seem to find any reference to any other switches I may have incorrectly applied or not to facilitate this feature. Is it hardware dependant? Anybody else out there having this problem?

Scott Dobbie

North Vancouver, British Columbia

Canada

Mac Pro 2013

3 Ghz 8 core Xeon E5

32GB 1867 Mhz DDR3 RAM

Dual AMD FirePro 2048 MB graphics cards

OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Just tried it here on a much less capable machine than yours, and that preference setting controls the smooth transition animation.

Do you see the animation when just using the numeric keypad?

Are your saved views going between orthogonal and perspective? (I've found that changing perspective will always snap)

mk

Just tried it again on new fresh file. Saved three 3d perspective views of simple object rendered in OpenGL using cameras to create views. Used saved view drop down list at top of interface window to switch between views. Still just jump cuts between views. "View transition animation" setting under Tools/Options/Vectorworks Preferences/Interactive tab is checked on.

SD

I believe I've found what the issue is. When saving 3d views the Unified View button on the menu bar must be on. I usually work with it off. If it is off, even if you have your settings in the Tools/Options/Vectorworks Preferences/3D tab/Projection when changing from a Top/Plan to a 3D perspective: any of the three perspective views selected, using the numeric keypad will only show orthogonal views with no transition. I've searched through VW2015 help; no mention of this required state of the Unified Views button for the "View transition animation" to work. Even the on-line videos trumpeting the new VW2015 feature mention nothing about it. However, the video does show the button to be in the on position. Who knew?

SD