Rotate Plan in Sheet Layer?

Ed Wachter

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If they have a plan with multiple angled components (Ive seen this in Y shaped hospitals and other large buildings that get wings added to them over time at odd angles) I can see use for being able to rotate the final sheet in order to dimension within annotations, rather than dimensioning on the design layer in rotated plan view.

However, rotating the viewport effectively allows the same thing and is almost the same amount of clicks it would be to use rotated plan for each viewport anyway.

Maybe the ability to rotate the plan view while editing annotations directly would make more sense? Having it pop back into no rotation after exiting the viewport annotations?

Hi Jim, Maybe I'm mistaken, but can't we already dimension in the annotations of a VP created from a rotated plan? In other words, hasn't this particular wheel already been invented?

FWIW, the only reason I commented in the first place was that I think there are WAY more important things for the programmers to be working on instead of yet another totally redundant (and therefore often confusing) functionality...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes, I was thinking more along the line of a plan that needed to be dimensioned, but needed to be rotated in plan repeatedly throughout the dimensioning. For instance one set of dims at 0, one set at 45 and one set at negative 45.

If it just needs one rotation, then creating a viewport of an already rotated plan would work just fine.

• Like 1