VW 2015 Plugin Icons not displaying

Taproot

After migrating a number of custom plugins to the 2015 workspace, I've discovered that a number of their icons won't display.

What has changed and how do I get these trusty icons back into my workflow?

Incidentally, the plugins do appear to work (as my hotkeys will still activate the tools) ... I just can't tell from looking at them which is which.

Screen grab:

http://cl.ly/image/1H1D1N2z0503

BCD - Restart didn't help.

JimW - I assume there must be an automated way of updating the icon display graphics. Can you direct me toward how to do so?

--

What is the most effective method of migrating all of your custom items from one version to another (User drawing template, hatches, gradients, libraries, etc)?

Currently, I manually copy them from one user folder i.e. 2014 to 2015. Then I batch convert all of the relocated files in the user folder to v.2015.

Is that the right way to do this?

Given that migration is a standard process that takes place every year, it seems like there should be an automated means for the software to migrate all of the user files and settings from the older version to the newer. Is that the case? I don't recall seeing the option available during installation.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
JimW - I assume there must be an automated way of updating the icon display graphics. Can you direct me toward how to do so?

If there is, I do not know of one.

What is the most effective method of migrating all of your custom items from one version to another (User drawing template, hatches, gradients, libraries, etc)?

Currently, I manually copy them from one user folder i.e. 2014 to 2015. Then I batch convert all of the relocated files in the user folder to v.2015.

That's the current best method. There are plans for a migration assistant to automate this and remove the pain point of manually doing it from version to version.