Interactive 2D Fillets

Kevin McAllister

Question

I wish for interactive 2D fillets. Click on the two sides of the fillet and drag to set the radius size, all visual and interactive. No more guessing at sizes and then undoing multiple times until you find the right size. In its current form you can't even double click on the 2d fillet tool to change the radius....

These are basic functions which don't seem to have been updated since Minicad 5.

Kevin

5 answers to this question

Hi Jim,

The rounded rectangle approach is more what I was thinking though that should give interactive feedback too (ie. it should interactively show a floating mode bar field with the radius updating as you drag. At any point I should be able to tab into the field and enter a value. That way I can get a sense of the range and then adjust it to a whole measurement if needed.)

I'm not sure I understand how two selection handles would work.

Kevin

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
I'm not sure I understand how two selection handles would work.

I meant grabbing the two sides adjacent to the filleted corner, didn't mean to say two selection handles.

The live display of the curve to be created seems key as well, submitting request now.