Scale a Referenced File

I am working on a residential design project, and I need to bring in the AutoCAD file that contains the survey and architectural linework. The AutoCAD file has unit settings of "Decimal" and "Feet".

I have brought it in as a Reference File. When I brought it in I said the units were Feet. I can see the file just fine. But it is displaying in Inches, not Feet. For example, the 10' wide driveway measures 10" wide.

When I scale the Referenced File (by 12), I cannot see the linework anymore! I can find the crop boundary and select it, so I know it's still there. But what's up with the file contents?

Is my process correct but incomplete? Or am I doing this all wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Anna

This helps in part - I expanded the crop boundary and found the linework. However, the linework has not changed size. It has only moved location!

Oddly, every time I try to Scale Objects (using either the symmetric option or the Symmetric By Distance option), the linework actually moves 'north' but does not change size...

Any ideas about that?

anna

I seem to have fixed it. Perhaps just a computer glich?

Just to see how it would go, I made an AutoCAD file in Architectural-Inches and brought that in - no problems. The size was correct.

Then I brought in the Decimal-Feet file again and, mysteriously, it is now working fine. It's the right size/scale.

Somewhere in there, I also shut down and restarted my computer.

Hmm.