View names

Kizza

Question

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Submitting request now, in addition to the ability to add Saved Views to this list, as well as swap out standard views for saved views in the keyboard mapping so that they can make use of the numpad directly.

Sadly I have pushed for the view cube a few times before. I like it too, but Autodesk has patented the bejesus out of it and many other 3D-view UIs, so it may be awhile before they can implement something similar.

To be honest, i'm rather fond of them as they are, that's the way i saw them since i was 8, nothing against customisable view names, i just like the current format.

Mods left to individual users choice to make use if needed. No blanket change.

All Keyboard Shortcuts in the Menus as standard would be welcome though . . . .

Too many seem to have migrated to the WE.

Back, front, right, left makes sense if modelling an object but not when working with a building - especially when you are working with existing documents where the building is orientated North, south, east, west.

Sometimes I like it how it is now - my wish was to make it customisable....

Sadly I have pushed for the view cube a few times before. I like it too, but Autodesk has patented the bejesus out of it and many other 3D-view UIs, so it may be awhile before they can implement something similar.

I see.

Not a good position.