X-ray toggle

VincentCuclair

Question

I'm sure this has been asked for but just in case: please add an option where we can set the X-ray to toggle on resp. off when we hit the B-Key, sometimes I need both hands when drawing in X-Ray mode (one for the mouse and the other to enter something on the keyboard) and thus holding down the B-Key is rather difficult.

Edited by Vincent C

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I actually don't think it has, but that makes sense.

Do you think something simple like a quick double-tap of the B key to toggle it on and another double tap to toggle it off would work? Seems like that would be the easier answer than trying to hunt down another unused hotkey for it. Or should it just be a quick prefs option in the View bar?

Edited by JimW

Well personally I would like to have the choice to set the B key functionality universally, I don't think I'll be using a mixture of both. I guess it should be an option in the VWs Prefs dialog or like you say an option in the quick prefs. However for the people using both an option to assign a hot key for each would be good. I don't fancy the double-tap suggestion because switching on and off in quick succession would mean 4 quick taps which creates a large margin for error in a tap too much or too little....me thinks.

Edited by Vincent C