Odd HSB behaviour

I have a texture which has glass transparency. If I set the Colour of the shader via the HSB values to say 60, 10, 100 and then apply it and then go back to change it, the saturation value is not the same as I just set it.

Anyone else have similar issues?

thanks

Edited by barkest

It may be changing it to a "standard" color. I just tried making the same color just by filling a rectangle and applying that mix of color. Then I went back to look at the mix and VW had changed it from 60-10-100 to 60-12-100. I think it's the system just trying to get to a color it understands. How much different is the color you get?

I looked at what mix the HSB converts to in CMYK and that is 2-1-10-0. That combination holds steady. The system and/or Vectorworks are probably making the conversion to the closest mix that can be displayed.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Its converting it to an "identical" color with a different value. It has been submitted to see if it is possible to just retain the set value.

The end result will still be the same, but will report different values than were entered.