Recommended Printer VW 2013 HPB9180 Died need new one

Bryan Harding

Question

I was wondering if anyone had a particular printer/plotter 13X19" minimum, max paper size that works really well with Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and with VW 2013 Fundamentals/Renderworks.

My old HP B9180 just finally died and I'm in the market for a replacement. Was considering HP DesignJet T120 but I'm not seeing good posting regarding compatibility with Vectorworks.

Any recommendations welcome. Currently Epson r2880 or r3000 are high on my possible list. Also do photography so would replace old HP's role there as well but wold like a really solid reliable large format printer/plotter that works well with Mac and VW. Don't do a lot of volume but need it fast when I need it so services don't work for me.

Thanks..

--Bryan

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The only two printers we have had unsolvable issues with here in support have been the HP 800ps and the 500ps. (And even then, not all of them. It seems more recent firmware updates have fixed these two but we haven't been able to confirm this.)

Other than that, as long as the printer supports the version of Mac OS you are using, compatibility should not be a concern.

All other issues we run into are usually just a matter of correcting print configuration or updating firmware.