viewport camera

have tried that and although it takes me to the viewport it doesn't give me the option to link the camera

i have archived the same file and opened it in V13 and it does give me the option to link the camera view even when not looking through the camera but choosing it in plan view

strange

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It is possible you checked the box for "Always do this..." and then selected No the last time the dialogue appeared. To see if that is the problem, you can reset those dialogues under Tools > Options > Vectorworks Preferences > Session > Reset Saved Settings, check only the "Always do selected action" option and click OK.

That should reset the dialogues so they will ask you again if you want to perform operations like linking viewports to cameras and use selected geometry for viewport crops, etc.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I don't think so, but it happens to many of my users from time to time. I'ts very easy for a user to just click "never ask me again" as an automatic reaction to various dialogues, since there are so many first-time alerts.

I haven't come across it personally, but I reset my preferences to the stock defaults so many times during the day to test various issues that I would never notice if I did.