NURBS Curves / OpenGL Colour

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where NURBS curves display differently depending upon their degree when they're rendered in OpenGL? The black NURBS are displaying the correct class colour. The white ones are assigned to the same class (colour is by class) but are a higher degree curve. If I select one of the black curves and change the degree from one to something higher in the OIP the curve turns white....

I am assuming this is a bug.

Kevin

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=10451&filename=Screen%20Shot%202014-04-01%20at%204.16.22%20PM.png

Hi Jim,

After some more experimentation I don't think its directly related to rendering. Try this -

- draw a circle, a line and a rectangle.

- convert each one to a NURBS curve.

- switch to a 3d view (not essential).

- render in OpenGL

- using the small triangle at the bottom of the attributes palette choose "make all attributes by class". When you do this any NURBS curve with a degree of more than 1 will turn white.

Its definitely a bug. You don't even need to change the class or class attributes of any of the objects. It occurs just by changing the default state of the attributes.

Kevin

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

:cool: I have the power! Muahahahaha! :cool:

(Sadly, purple was unavailable.)

Benson: Yep, looks like its using the fill color for the edges of those NURBS with the higher degree setting, I'll add this to the report, thank you.