Ketstroke 'XX'

I often use the keystroke 'xx' to return to the 2D selection tool from whatever tool I'm using at that particular time. I've been finding that after spending a while within a file, this command disappears until I reboot VW. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Is there a cure?

One x should do the trick for you.

Could be related to memory or cache if you have other applications running besides VW. Music players especially cause memory issues with VW since they are using alot of memory as well.

I have had this (intermittent) problem since upgrading to VW9, (usually with nothing else running at the time) however it's particular tools that won't "let go".

Specifically; the Locus tool is often reluctant to give up the cursor and 2D select has to be chosen from the pallette.

Likewise using "G" to set data points works unreliably for me.

N.

Ok yeah, I wasn't very clear. 'x' is for reverting to 2D selection and 'xx' is for reverting to 2D selection and deselecting the object. And it's still an problem regarless of whatever else is running. I've even stripped everything out of the the task bar so the only thing running in the background is Norton.

Please ad to wish list: integrate Winamp into a pallette for VWA 10.5 and allow for proper resource allocation [big Grin]