Bay/Bow Window Tool...

RCrussellUK

Question

In the UK there's currently no Windoor tool as supplied to users with VW Architect in some other regions.

Considering the common use of bay windows in the UK it would be incredibly useful to have a tool that can quickly model windows of this sort.

Perhaps an extra tab within the current window customisation window could be added? This would also enable customisation of the wall supporting the frame and the head, inserting correctly into the standard wall and enabling separate class assignments.

However implemented, I'd place this near the top of my wish list and wager many other UK Architect users would do likewise.

Reference conversation:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=192250&gonew=1#UNREAD

Edited by RCrussellUK

9 answers to this question

+1

Windoor makes VW Window/Door tool look farcical.

What we need is a revamped window/door/curtain wall tool that can create virtually any window or door type.

E.G. Combination window/door units etc...

edit:

or buy out windoor and implement the code into VW.

Edited by Kizza
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'm not sure on the specifics, but any time that a 3rd party plugin is integrated into the base version there are a LOT of steps that have to go through. Unfortunately on occasion this has lead to a 3rd party plugin vanishing, being gone for an entire version, then showing up the next year or later in the default builds.

Don't know whats involved in that whole process, if its engineering work or just red tape, but Windoor is definitely one I'm pulling for.

if its engineering work or just red tape..

With respect, it's time to drop the excuses and do what needs to be done.

We received shaped Windows in 2014. Seriously, is that the best VW can do to improve the Window/Door tool?

You guys are just way, way too slow when it comes to product development.

Edited by Kizza