Wall and floor relationship across variations in floor height...

RCrussellUK

Edited to try and clarify my conundrum:

I'm trying to figure out the best way to associate stories and levels with an 'as is' building which has multiple floor and roof levels. I'd like to attach the walls to the floors and roofs. I am currently ending up with 'a lot' of layers for a 3 storey house though, and am wondering if there is a more efficient way to do it that someone would be willing to share?

Thanks!

Edited by RCrussellUK

I would do it like this (however this is mainly based on experience with VWs not through practice!):

Create only Layers that will make presenting the different plans logical and easy.

Create Stories that have logical heights that make the maths of all the offsets easy.

Then I guess I would create different wall/slab styles with appropriate predefined top and bottom offsets to accommodate your varying slab heights (make sure you name them in such a way that you quickly can distinguish what wall it is and what heights or offsets it has).

(Fit Walls to Objects is nice when the objects to fit to are complicated but they are hell when you later need to edit top and bottom offsets or otherwise change heights....)

Edited by Vincent C

(Fit Walls to Objects is nice when the objects to fit to are complicated but they are hell when you later need to edit top and bottom offsets or otherwise change heights....)

Yeah, I think it will be best practice to try and and retain constraints between wall objects/dimensions and actual levels, maybe not so important on an as is model, but certainly I'm interested in developing good habits.