Mavericks

bcd

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Im holding off until I can check my regular software (including 5-6 versions of Vectorworks) on a dummy machine to make sure everything plays nice. After the OS X 10.4 to OS X 10.5 debacle I tread lightly.

Once we get official compatibility word on what-works-with-what as far as VW is concerned, I'll post it immediately.

UPDATE:

Vectorworks 2014 was tested with the very last build of OS X 10.9 before this release version and no issues were found. It will get another round of acceptance testing with this release build to see if there are any issues, if there are, they will be corrected via a service pack.

No word on Vectorworks 2013 and the older versions for now, I will however say confidently that anything incompatible with 10.7 or 10.8 will also be incompatible with 10.9. This chart will be updated once we get the test results back:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1163/Vectorworks+Operating+System+Compatibility+List+2013-09-17

Edited by JimW

10.8 broke* my time machine (tried 3 discs including a brand new time capsule) and I'm in a dilemma whether to try mavericks and hope it fixes it at risk of breaking other apps, or try fix it under 10.8 and sticking with that.

* stuck looking for backup disc if anyone has any experience please - I've tried everything on google and no joy. Hoping Genius Bar sheds some more light on it on Friday,