Texture of Simple Horizontal Lines?

Ed Wachter

Are there Renderworks textures that appear as simple horizontal lines to represent something like bevelled siding? Can one be created using the Bump settings? Our image-based textures get kinda muddy looking when photocopied in black & white. I've seen renderings from ArchiCad that show nice crisp horizontal lines for siding in elevation or perspective views. I'm told these are textures. Any thoughts?

Oh yes. And then within Tiles I can choose Lines 1 and Lines 2 - I don't yet know what the difference is. I'll play with that and try to adjust the settings to result in thin lines with little or no color.

My other current need to to get a similar line-based texture for shingle / shake siding. I'm still using an image-based texture for that and it's especially muddy when photocopied in B&W. Any ideas for this?

Thanks

Ed

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The easiest way to get the images from textures (they are in libraries, but not as raw images) is to right click on any texture in the resource browser and choose "Extract Image(s)"

Then you can save it wherever you'd like, modify it, then create textures from the modified image afterwards.

The default location for textures however, just for reference:

Vectorworks 20XX > Libraries > Defaults > Textures