Rounded corners

hi bruce first time post so sorry about the 2 questions

so created a rectangle 3000mm x 1000mm and then applied a rounded corner fillet

of 250mm dia and then extruded to 150mm thick applied a decal

and then rendered, although in wireframe you could see the corners when rendered

they appear sq as the original rectangle of 3000 x 1000, as i could not work why this was happening i did the same command again to create the shape applied the decal and saved it as a symbol....this solved the problem

on the original i also converted the shape to 3d polys and that worked but of course i lost the decal

this is strange i have been using VW for 12 years but use artlantis as my render package, so i am on a steep learning kerb as i want to use renderworks as my main

render package, the results are far superior.

many thanks

No worries Phil, we want to help as much as we can.

It sounds like you got it working. I cannot recreate the problem here, but I can say that I see no reason why you had the problem. Was the file converted from an older version of Vectorworks? Did you try creating the same shape in a new blank document? That would eliminate file corruption as the culprit. Next trouble shooting steps after that are reboot Vectorworks, if no change then restart your computer, no change, then test on another computer, no change then contact tech support and send them your file. Posting your file here for other users to inspect is an option too.

I'm confident you'll have luck learning Renderworks faster than you think. There are some good tutorials out there. The book Remarkable Renderworks is one.