Custom window bug...and maybe new feature!

For you Jim W!

When you create a custom window, with let's say 2 rows and 2 columns of sash's, then if you lock one of those and re-size the "overall" width or height, the locked window does not re-size. You have to go in and unlock it and then do the overall re-size if not you'll have to start your custom window all over as the dims get all messed up for each sash.

Now this anomaly makes me think of a cool feature, is you could create L-shaped window configurations as one unit, if the frame could be adjusted to the locked sash panes.

Check the attached file.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

For the locking, that is how it should function. If a sash is locked, then you would not want it to change regardless of any other changes you made to the window. If it changed size when locked, what would be the reason for locking it? (Unless I am misunderstanding your explanation.)

As for the custom window enhancement, I agree, there was another user who saw multiple hexagonal/diamond windows combined into a more advanced window shape that they wanted to see as a custom window shape, so that it could all be included as one window for the schedule. I'll write up a submission shortly.