Moved Lights to new class, now disappeared...

I have done a few things that could have affected my plot, so I'll explain...

I decided to create a new class for 10Ks and created a new class called Lights-10Ks.

I also decided to move my custom 10K symbol to a folder within the document.

Since moving my 10Ks to its new class, they have disappeared off the plot. I can use custom selection and set the criteria to Class=10Ks and "Just Select" and in the OIP, is says it has them selected. However, I can't see them on the map.

I've made sure the visibility is on for the class and layer.

Do I need to update the symbols since moving them to a folder in my Resource Browser?

I aslo did similar actions for other lights (created a new class and moved their symbols to a folder) but I'm they are appearing correctly.

Thanks for any help.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What are your class options?

They probably need to be Show/Snap/Modify Others in order to work.

The geometry inside of the lighting device is probably in the "None" class (and/or other classes) so it must also be viable in order to see the object.

Depending on your settings the lighting devices could be taking on the class attributes of the new class and could have a white pen color.

Class options are set to Shop/Snap/Modify Others.

The Fill and Pen options for the specific class are correct, too.

However, I do believe the symbols fill has been set to none.

Using the Custom Modifications... option allows me to select the class, but when I click on Attributes, the fill option is greyed out.

Is there a way to correct this?

I am able to select the light and add it back into the plot with no issue. I can do this as a quick fix, but I'm just curious why it happened and how to correct it in the future.

Thanks for the help.