Universe Numbering

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you are using Lightwright you can have it send dimmers back to Vectorworks in the Universe/channel format.

If you are just using Vectorworks you need to enable automatic universe assignment in the spotlight preferences. Then entering a dimmer number will automatically populate the Universe and "U Dimmer" fields that will calculate the universe and dimmer, but the dimmer filed always expects the fill dimmer number.

• 1 month later...

Hi klinzey,

I am using Lightwright 5 with VW 2012 - and lately I've been having an issue with Automatic Data Exchange where the dimmer format 1/512 in Lightwright automatically changes my dimmers in the VW file to display as 512 only even though I originally entered them in VW as 1/512 format. How can I get it to display the 1/512 format in both again?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Set the Dimmer format in the LW Vectorworks Spotlight Link Setup dialog.

VW will not force you to use the specified format but LW will pass the information to VW in the format you select.

I'm using a Mac version of VW 2012 so that drop-down menu is not located in the same window I use to set up the exchange. Here's a screencap of what mine looks like. Is there a different menu for it in the Mac version or am I S.O.L.?