Edit extruded polygon in history mode

Bruce Kieffer

Question

4 answers to this question

I found that once I was deep into the history mode and at the polygon, then in order to edit I had to change to screen plane. OMG, not the screen plane/layer plane/working plane/screen aligned plane mess again! Our user group comments often on the multitudes of planes we have to deal with, and we all ask why. It seems that every time I find something that doesn't work it due to which plane I'm in. I want one plane with 2D and 3D objects. I decide if a rectangle is 2D or 3D and that is that.

Bruce try this when you are working.

On the View Bar activate the Working Plane mode (first image below). Then when you are editing 2D polygons inside extrudes or the like you can look at the 2D polygon in Top/Plan View by either:

- Clicking on the Look at Working Plane button on the View Bar (second image below).

- Selecting Top/Plan View from the View Bar View pop up of from the View menu

- Clicking on the zero key on your numeric keypad.

I found that once I was deep into the history mode and at the polygon, then in order to edit I had to change to screen plane. OMG, not the screen plane/layer plane/working plane/screen aligned plane mess again! Our user group comments often on the multitudes of planes we have to deal with, and we all ask why. It seems that every time I find something that doesn't work it due to which plane I'm in. I want one plane with 2D and 3D objects. I decide if a rectangle is 2D or 3D and that is that.

Bruce, It does seem absurd that it is necessary to have to bounce to and fro within the various planes when it all worked fine without them.

Mike, Once again i must complement you on your patience and understanding of easy made difficult and dedication to explaining it.

Thanx . . .

Andi