DWG Export 9.5

In VW 9.5, when you export to DWG more than one file in the same VectorWorks session with the box for "Map Lineweights to color" checked, after each export, you have to re-check the box before the next export.

This behavior has changed from version 8.5, where all export settings were retained for each export within the same VectorWorks session.

When I am sending 10 DWG's to the same consultant, why would I want to Map to Colors on the first file but not on the others? I should not have to check this box each time I export a file.

Of course, it would be even better if you added the ability to "Save Settings", so that I could save different setups for exports to different consultants.

Overall, the DWG export is much improved in 9.5, but it still takes a lot of time to prep and export files, and it could be greatly streamlined if you didn't have to adjust the settings so often.

"More settings were not retained in 8.5.2."

Titanium,

I am not sure what settings you are talking about, but for us, in Version 8.5.2, after the first export is saved, all the following settings are retained for subsequent exports in the same VectorWorks session:

File Format, Version, Map Lineweights to Color,and all Layer/Class Conversion settings.

We always leave the 2D/3D Conversions on the default, so I can not speak for that one.

If you quit VectorWorks, everything goes back to the default, but within the same session all settings are the same for each export.

In VectorWorks 9.5.2, it seems the only thing different is that the Map Lineweights to Color setting is not held and must be checked each time.

However, as I said before, I too feel that the export feature is much better in 9.5.2 in all other regards.