I need to stop Auto Open files

TimG

I have a file that keeps crashing VW... unfortunately i can not move on because my Mac keeps trying to auto open that corrupt file when I relaunch vectorworks.

so how do I clear this last opened file list, or prevent VW from auto opening files it thinks it had open before the last crash...

I'm dead in the water until I figure this out... I tried restarting the OS to no avail.

thank you, I figured thats what it was doing, and i would love to disable that, but alas, I can not find any such setting... am I am blind, or was this a preference toggle added in a later versions (i am on vectorworks 2011)

looked in other tabs of preferences but couldn't find anything with similar wording

Does holding the "Option" key down while clicking on the VW icon do anything different? Although I use VW on a PC at work, it seems that holding the option key while opening programs on my Mac seems to open things up differently - (like a default mode.)

My wild guess is there might be an .xml document which might have the recently saved files (and their locations) written into it. I would imagine there is someone out there who know's how to locate that particular file, and remove the bad file path.

good luck.