OpenGL rendering problem

Hello. When I create a 3-D object and then render it using OpenGl I have an area within the template box(roughly a third on the right hand side) where the 3-D object will not show if it is moved into it. This is causing me a problem when I want to rotate a 3-D object to view it from different angles.

I am using Vectorworks 2011.

I would really appreciate any advice on this as I can't work out why I have a blank spot on my screen.

Martin

Sorry to sound stupid but I don't know what graphics card I am using or how I find that out.

The blank spot on the template box only occurs when I am using OpenGL, there is no problem with the screen when I am using any other Vectorwork tools, that's why I hope it is only a minor problem easily fixed rather a hardware/driver issue.

Sorry to sound stupid but I don't know what graphics card I am using or how I find that out.
Ok. Do you know what computer you are using and whether it is Mac or PC or what OS you are using?

As well as posting the file as above, can you also post an image showing the issue.

I've just tried this file in 2011 on a Vista PC and found nothing strange. It looks likely to be your configuration or hardware.

If you Right Click on your desktop, select Personalise then Display Settings, your Video card details will be visible on the display settings box. There are other ways to get this info too.

I still think first port of call should be checking that your graphics card is suitable to run Vectorworks then checking whether its drivers are up to date.

Can a suggest asking a fellow student or member of the IT support team who is a bit more PC literate to help you out. Hopefully you will be sorted with someone spending 20 minutes hands on with your PC.