Site modifier rules - Publish please!

C10916

Question

Dear Wish list team,

Can you please publish the rules for all the Site model modifiers and how do they 'react' and 'interact with the model', 'each other' and 'other elements' of VW 2013.

They must be written down somewhere, or else how were they programmed. What about the technical spec, maybe something can be pulled out of there and published on VW help 2013 application or added to the VSS resources??

How can we have a chance to create good sound models if we don't have the rules by which to work, then something goes wrong and we dont have the information to fault find or so?

I feel like I am trying to make a cake with piles of ingredients, no scales and no temperature gauge on the oven.

Thank you!

Edited by C10916

5 answers to this question

Is this information from Help any use?

For predictable results, pads should not overlap. All pads should be either completely inside or completely outside of all grade limits. Pads, including those that may be incorporated into plug-in objects (such as landscape walls) cannot cross outside the grade limits.

Good call, c10916

Some info is spread over several topics in Help, other info may not be mentioned at all.

I was surprised to find some of the site model classing and expected behavior rules in the Standard Naming section, but not cross indexed in the Site Model area.

Help needs a general overhaul ( I haven't looked at the 2013 Help yet).

+1

-B

I guess 'wish list' is a good title for this request.

Would like to call it a 'User demand' really....... :o(

VW people: is there any chance of such a thing being created for the users? An answer/comment/opinion or otherwise would be great.

Edited by C10916

Actually Benson, the help in 2013 is getting better, with links to little movies added in here and there. 'Help' lacks reasoning, why something is like it is, rather than repeating the function described in many cases.

A few more pictures have been added here and there, more would be great as pictures help to explain descriptions, which are a bit matter of fact and a bit techie, very distant and needs more plain speak. Could be added to the wish list too pls....?

You know what VW help needs to be more like Wikipedia. We all add stuff to it and VW monitor it to make sure its sound and no one is writing rubbish.

There is loads of stuff in this knowledge base that could be web based with more pictures, links etc.......ENOUGH SAID, I am wasting good searching time in this matter.... :o)