editing walls in 3d

gester

hi,

is there a way to trim or generally edit walls in 3d without losing the wall attributes (hatching a.s.o.)?

1. i try to trim the wall under the roof (it works with the 'fit walls to roof' command) AND under the horizontal purlin serving as the attic slab construction. to be frank, i don't know how to make it both work. the 'reshape' command in the side view doesn't behave like with the planar objects.

2. i tried also trimming the wall in the side view with a solid element using the 'subtract solids' command, but it converts the wall itself to a solid, too, which is not what i want.

thanks for any clue.

rob

hi,

is there a way to trim or generally edit walls in 3d without losing the wall attributes (hatching a.s.o.)?

1. i try to trim the wall under the roof (it works with the 'fit walls to roof' command) AND under the horizontal purlin serving as the attic slab construction. to be frank, i don't know how to make it both work. the 'reshape' command in the side view doesn't behave like with the planar objects.

2. i tried also trimming the wall in the side view with a solid element using the 'subtract solids' command, but it converts the wall itself to a solid, too, which is not what i want.

thanks for any clue.

rob

Either create an extra (roof)object (in it's own class so you can hide it in VPs etc) where the horizontal purlin is in the roof layer, then the 'Fit Walls to Roof command will trim there too.

or

Double click the wall and use the polyline edit options to create handles at the top of the wall to create peaks that can be dragged to the correct height. i.e.. manually edit the wall top.

thanks, vincent,

hi,

thanks for any clue.

rob

Either create an extra (roof)object (in it's own class so you can hide it in VPs etc) where the horizontal purlin is in the roof layer, then the 'Fit Walls to Roof command will trim there too.

apparently i will have to do this, because:

or

Double click the wall and use the polyline edit options to create handles at the top of the wall to create peaks that can be dragged to the correct height. i.e.. manually edit the wall top.

that was exactly what i wanted to do in the first place, but i don't know how to use the handles like that. the middle one on the diagonal behaves very strangely. the side view displays the same configuration.

rob

that was exactly what i wanted to do in the first place, but i don't know how to use the handles like that. the middle one on the diagonal behaves very strangely. the side view displays the same configuration.

rob

You have to add points. See the mode bar for the plus and minus sign. The middle point is not a point on the top shape of the wall. It's the height set in the oip, so just leave it alone. Adding point Always by clicking one of the end points. This manual way works really well, and often better then fitt walls to roof, but you have to practise it to work good with it.