Can Site Model 'texture beds' overlap with 'pads' ?

C10916

Does anyone know the rules of overlapping site model modifiers?

It's these sort of rules that are sprinkled around the VW online help, but don't seem to be in one place to make life easy.

For example, I found this: "Grade limits can overlap, but cannot completely enclose, another grade limit area".

Does anyone have the full list relating to all the site modifiers that exist in site modelling?

Maybe the developers of you out there....?

Thanks everso.

c10916,

site modifiers are complicated. apparently there are rules, but they only seemed to be revealed through trial and error. my experience is that texture beds can overlap pads. although i have gotten a few random strange results that i can't explain--isolated cases of model being confused. i usually find that simplifying the model reduces the strangeness.

i'm also told by vss that the way a texture bed is created can make a difference, as there are multiple ways to do this. it's hard to see the logic is some of this, but it seems to be that directness and simplicity play a role in this. for example a texture bed created directly may work better than a texture bed created from a hardscape.

finally, texture beds themselves may overlap. but the stacking order can't be altered. supposedly the one created first stays on top, but i find this to complicated and prefer not to overlap them.

that's about all i know.

ray

Thanks Tamsin and Ray for your help.

Where are you programming coders are out there?

What are the rules please for all the Site modelling modifiers and how do they 'react' and 'interact with the model', 'each other' and 'other elements' of VW 2013.

They must be written down somewhere, or else how were they programmed. What about the technical spec, maybe something can be pulled out of there and published on VW help 2013 application. or added to the VSS resources??

How can we have a chance to create good sound models if we don't have the rules by which to work?

I feel like I am trying to make a cake with piles of ingredients, no scales and no temperature gauge on the oven.

Come on Nemetschek!