problem inserting symbols

yet another problem....is it me???

anyway, i have created a window to insert into a wall. (this is on on 2d plan)

i have a perpendicular guide line intersecting the wall at the point where i want to insert the window. when i bring the symbol near the wall is shows itself in a dashed line in the wall but when i bring it near the point of insertion it flips through 90?.

I end up inserting it somewhere near the desired insertion point and dragging it to where i want it. This sometimes creates more problems. ie the symbol jumping to the wrong side of the wall or not breaking the wall.

any ideas

When inserting a symbol in a wall you need to make sure you are getting the "object" cursor cue of the wall and not any other object such as the line you desribe. When you click the first time, that will place the wall at that point in the wall. You can then move your mouse around to "rotate" the window or door. Once it's in the wall the way it's supposed to be, you can click a second time to lock it in the wall. If you are working with a door and the swing is the wrong way, you can flip the door swing using the Flip button in the OIP when the door is selected.