Losing dimensions

acdeslx

Hello.

I'm running into the really frustrating problem that my dimensions keep disappearing.

I imported an autocad file and had to hide the "dimension" class because it contained all the building's dimensions.

However, no matter what class I try to create my own dimensions in, it automatically puts them in the "dimension" class.

I know that I could just copy all the building's dimensions and move them to their own class and then use the "dimension" class for my stuff but shouldn't I be able to put them in any class?

I did try renaming the original "dimension" class to "house dimensions" and created a new one called "dimension" but VW still insists that they go into "house dimensions" now.

Is there some setting I'm missing?

Thanks.

Dave

VW 2012 SP5

WINDOWS 7-64

Dave, the problem is that the default option in documents is for dimensions to go into the Dimension Class. That is why they are disappearing. As you are creating them they are going into that Class which you have turned off.

if you don't want the Dimensioning to do this you need to uncheck that in the Document Preferences (File menu/Document Settings/Document Preferences...). See attached image. With that unchecked dimensions will then go into the Active Class when you are dimensioning.

What you should have done was used the DWG Import option which adds a prefix to the imported Classes OR added your own prefix manually to the imported 'Dimension' Class immediately after you imported the DWG.