converting VW for web

kalian

I put a rectangle around the rendering, & use File>Export>Export image file, and select jpeg image, best quality.

I use the rectangle for the marquee.

Your web designer should be able to tell you what pixel width to select, and you save as a .jpg which can then be uploaded to the website.

HTH.

No, I don't know what "save for web" is, I don't seem to have that option.

The screenshot shows the export image after I have drawn the marquee, selected the pixel size (my website takes images 770 pixels wide, thumbnails are 300 wide) and hit render. It is now waiting to be saved to a file on my Mac. I do exactly the same with floor plans.

Then I go in to the website and upload the image from the Mac file to the web server.

You choose the size of the capture when you draw the marquee, so you can have the whole sheet if you want, or just a part.

I think it's the compression that's important, not the resolution, but I could be wrong, maybe someone can enlighten us all.

As you're on a Mac, you could also consider using .pdf's, although the quality can vary depending on what .pdf version you are using.

Edited by D Wood