VW2012 [SP4] Just STOPS running (?) when starting

Question

I am having a strange problem--when I attempt to run VW2012/SP4 it runs for a few seconds then terminates itself.

I watch it in Task Manager then it just disappears.

I've tried to run as Administrator, same result. Also tried in different compatablilty modes.

Also, I've 're-installed' VW2012, still to no avail.

This is a coroporate machine, and I am on a jobsite (a.k.a. "ship" in the Med) and not able to actually visit my TSD. But phone support and local onboard I/T people are all stumped.

The Last Resort is to UN-INSTALL VW and start anew. But, as I tried when I upgraded from VW2010 to VW2012 that's an involved process. I have found the informaiton in the Knowledgebase and will try that soon.

IS THERE ANY OTHER OPTIONS OR IDEAS?

thanx y'all!

Preston

4 answers to this question

Well... I uninstalled and re-installed! Still the same... but--there is something NOT uninstalling as per the info in the Knowledgebase... in the Start Menu, all of the "previous" files used is still there... ??? If I deleted everything, and searched the Registry, how is that data still there?

It's totally frustrating that I can't call Tech Support on the weekends! (even worse when I'm attempting to do so from Europe!)

Anybody's help would be greatful!!!! :-)

after quite of few Q&A and ScreenCaps with me and Tech Support -- WE FOUND IT!

It's a conflict with www.yousendit.com and their app! It's a minimial-known issue, and the first tech's I talked to never mentioned it. The tech I talked to today saw that I recently installed the APP for show coordination. There's a conflict, he noted it... I un-installed the APP... and now all is running again!

TADA!

Thanx for all the people who read it and scratched their heads!

DON'T USE YOUSENDIT.COM APP & VW!

Preston