Help-plants are all suddenly greyed

Brookems

Hello all,

I am a fairly new user in Landmark 2012. I just opened a document I had worked on a few days ago, and all the plants are dimmed, like the opacity is 50% and I can't figure out why. All layers and classes have visibility turned on, the plants are all in the Plant class, and most are in the same layer. I can click on the plant and change the layer or class, but I can't seem to find any setting that would explain why they are showing up at 50% opacity. If I go to put in a new plant, it shows up fine, but if I use the replace tool on any of the existing plants, they show up dimmed. I am stumped. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Brooke

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Brooke

Did you make your own plant symbols? If so, my guess is that you had opacity lower than 100% as the default when you ran Create New Plant. This causes this issue, but I'm afraid there is no way to fix it I'm afraid other than to create new plant symbols and delete the faint ones. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I have seen this a few times before with my students, and that's usually what has happened.

Hope that helps

Hi Tamsin,

No, that is not the issue, because when I go to put those same plants in again anew, they are fine. I guess I will just redo them all. Fortunately it is not a huge project, but annoying none the less! Who knows what I did.

thanks for you quick response.

Brooke