Reshape - click/drag bug?

Since VB Stretch no longer appears to be supported, I've been using the reshape tool for adjusting multiple objects at once.

Unfortunately, it's behavior is less than desirable. Once I've drawn a marquee and begin to reshape - if I tab into the data bar I have to continue holding down the mouse button while entering values ... it makes for some hand gymnastics.

I have "Click-Drag" off in the preferences.

Is this a bug, or is there a simple way to allow tabbing into the reshape fields of the data bar to stick?

Thanks,

Any reason not to just use the Move command? It can be used in conjunction with the Reshape tool. After you've drawn your marquee, activate the Move tool (Apple + M) and type in the desired X and/or Y distances.

Your question reminded me of a similar situation where there seems no way around the "hand gymnastics:" moving a wall with the Enable Connected Wall Mode turned on... in which case it's easier to select the wall and those connected to it and use the Reshape tool as described above. It would be much easier to be able to just enter an offset in the data bar.

And it would be easier to just enter an offset in the data bar to reshape multiple objects, too...........

But in the meantime, HTH,

Will

• 2 weeks later...