Viewports Sluggish

Mac OS10.6.8 VW2010 SP4

I am having trouble with certain viewports being extremely sluggish. I am working on a landscape plan. The plan view layers are all set at 1:48 scale and when I make a viewport from these and lay it out on a new sheet layer, these work very quickly no matter how detailed or complex the view is.

The details of this design are being done on another layer that is set at 1:4. When I make a viewport of these and lay them out on a new sheet, they are extremely sluggish, taking as much as a minute to load each time I try to manipulate them. The only difference I can see between the sheet layers that handle quickly and those that are sluggish, is that the sluggish ones are associated with a design layer that is in a different scale.

Any idea what might be going wrong?

Thanks

Marc

Thank you bcd

I tried turning off the Project Screen Objects. Unfortunately, the result was that the images themselves disappeared, to be replaced by an empty box with a red cross through it. I cannot do a sheet layer layout without without seeing the actual drawing. Also, even with the PSO switched off, the sheet layers associated with my 1:4 detail design layer remained sluggish.

Marc

The problem seems to be different than I thought. In fact, every new viewport I make on this VW file (or perhaps I should say every new sheet layer) is extremely sluggish or somehow corrupted. Sometimes viewports just show up as red boxes with and X through them.

When I try making a new VW file and drawing a white box, making a viewport and putting it on a new sheet layer, it works fine. When I try that with this one VW file I am having trouble with (even is the viewport is of a single box and no more) the whole thing freezes up.

The first three sheet layers I made still work fine. Every sheet layer I make now is messed up.

How can I clean up or purge this VW file?

Tools>Purge

Try moving your images to an invisible layer.

If this speeds things up then you have the culprit.

Change the image from Screen Plane to Layer Plane in the OIP

You may need to reduce the size of your image and re-import.

Edited by bcd