On-screen imaging problems on Windows

Bret

Our engineering office has recently updated to VW 2012, and in getting everyone up and running, we've started looking into features we hadn't used before, such as transparency. While doing so, we're discovering problems with GDI imaging, and I was wondering if others out there have had similar issues.

The first noticed was that the printing of text appears to be broken when GDI imaging is turned on (which I previously posted about here and later submitted as a bug report).

Now that I have GDI imaging turned off, beyond the loss of transparency and anti-aliasing, I'm starting to notice graphical inconsistencies - nothing mission-critical, but annoyances nonetheless. For example, when hovering over an object, the pre-selection highlight is often offset by one pixel toward the top of the screen. When this is the case, if I select that object, it will appear to shift upwards by that one pixel, although the object doesn't actually move.

Any other users out there running into issues like this?

P.S. In searching the forums, I've seen some isolated mentions of similar problems, but nothing like a real fix or resolution:

fonts

worksheet - font mapping problem?

printing/visibility nightmare

Edited by Bret

Ian,

Thanks for the reply. While possibly related, I think this is a separate issue.

I just turned GDI+ back on and checked text with 50% opacity vs. text with a transparent background vs. text with a filled background, and it makes no difference to the print quality. The opacity is reflected correctly in the .pdf, but the font output is still broken.

All works (and prints) correctly when I simply untick the GDI+ box...something else must be going on.

P.S. Attached are two .pdf files showing my typical text print output with GDI+ on and off...no other difference.

Edited by Bret