Revisiting and old request - Trim Options - Profiles

taoist

Question

Really need to get up to speed on this one.

Nothing has changed in years other than Copper Beech Moulding Profiles Library being added.

Same process EAP still needs to be used to do this.

We should be able to select moulding profiles for interior and exterior trim for doors and windows and it applies itself.

Oh, and change profiles and update on the fly.

Other CAD software does this.

Crown, Baseboard, Chair Rail - draw path apply profile, that simple. No edit profile needed.

I use other software that does this.

taoist

5 answers to this question

They have already started combining 2D/3D tools... unfortunately they didnt quite get to the polygon tool sets/extrude...Whats been requested is edit hide show edges mode to work in extrudes, other software that do it, do it poorly...Flexibility is what I want in VW not a ridgid data base like CA-HTH

I am all for flexibility as well.

However, we should not have to go through this EAP process for standard trim out of doors, windows, base, crown trim

Select window, trim profile, done. That simple.

Options to import or create your own profiles as well.

Still use EAP for custom profile paths.

taoist

From where Im sitting, 5 years ago I might have agreed with you (thats about when banks stop lending money on Coloured/ Noodle style Renderings) today, the talk is about Structural BIM/Data and Global Independant Certification (MATERIAL-> BUILDING SYSTEMS) and Who/How to deal with it.

There is no talk about IFC, nor VW/Archicad/C4D.. just Autocad and Revit and what DATA Real Engineers would include in the future.

IMO, the EAP tool better be flexible enough to deal with Structural steel/reo, clash detection and simplified preliminary data extraction/checking.

Yes, clash detection is a good thing.

I wonder if Nemetschek has VW, ArchiCad and Allplan products based on users/firms needs & budgets?

Given today's climate for BIM, IFC and such one would think it should be there by default.

Seeing as how VW is not in the price range of Archicad and Allplan

makes one wonder.

VW needs improvement in materials takeoff for one.

imho

taoist