Weird Roof Problem!

cwailes

Hmmmm, that is strange. I usually don't use the gable option for roofs, but I have a few times. And it's never done that. It always works fine. I'm on 2011. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of that function can help you out. It may just be a corrupt roof or file. You may want to use Fit Walls To Roof as a work around. I prefer it anyway.

Monadnoc

This happens to me all the time. It's not corrupt. Sometimes it's because the overhang setting is too small or you edit the roof using 3d tool. I've relented to no using 'create gable wall' feature and extend lower floor walls up or add a wall to roof layer and then edit.

I've never seen that either.

You can of course edit the wall as djb says using the 3DModelling>3D Reshape tool (might be called something different in later VW versions) if you want the gable wall to be different from the wall below, but it would be good to find out why it did this in your file.

I wonder about the process and sequence of inserting the window - did you create the roof with the gable wall (in plan view), insert the window then check the 3D look? Is the window a symbol or import from another file? Could it be corrupted, was it created in an earlier VW version?

Edited by D Wood

Peter I will post the file today. I have to get a project out first but will get it posted later today. D Wood, basically what I normally do is create the roof as close to what I am trying to achieve, but with the "Create Roof" tool then I usually ungroup the roof and insert the windows into the gable walls. In this case I don't have the window inserted yet because of the problem I was having with that wall.

I tried submitting the file, but the email bounces back.

I tried:

bugsubmit@nemetschek.net

bugsubmit@nemetschek.com

tech@vectorworks.net

tech@vectorworks.com

tech@nemetschek.net

tech@nemetschek.com

none of these go through. I even tried a different computer. They all bounce back.

Edited by ccw