H-stand Symbol

JustinM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Justin,

Are you talking about a floor-base that is made of three pieces of pipe, in the shape of an "H"? You would leave the c-clamp on the fixture, and essentially "overhang" the fixture on the upper cross-pipe ...

I don't know an official name for these, but I have seen them in a few shops ... I'd call them "Floor Base - H-pipe". And I do not believe there is a VW symbol for them in any stock VW or Spotlight library.

If what I'm describing is what you're talking about, then it should be fairly easy to create your own symbol.

In fact, VW Spotlight doesn't deal very well with any sort of mounting-hardware or clampage, other than the standard c-clamp ... I'm not sure if you'd want to attach it to the light as an Accessory -- maybe if there were an accessory category called "hardware" that also translated into LightWright?

Good luck!

Justin and Others,

In my experience thus far I've only found three types of H-Stands. The home made, the square and the round.

Square is usually a length of 25mm x 25mm RHS steel about 350mm long welded to two small legs of 25 x 25 also. Normally lamps are attached without a hookclamp.

The Round is normally a piece of 48mm OD Pipe around 350mm long again with 25 x 25 RHS legs.

We always have a symbol for these in our Theatre Templates. They are pretty easy to draw though. When you're happy with it make it a symbol, place one on your drawing and convert it to a Light Position Object. Naming conventions can be up to you, eg "FLOOR 01".

Lights can be attached as they would a normal LX position, you just need to ensure you've got Set 3d Orientation enabled at the bottom of your lighting device and rotate the unit 180? in the Y axis.

Attached is an image.

Hope that helps, ask more if you need.

Cheers,

J