Editing Gradients Causes VW 2011 to Crash

i am desperately in need of a solution to the problem i'm having, and yes i have contacted tech support about it. unfortunately nothing they have suggested has worked.

the problem is that vw 2011 crashes when i try to edit a gradient through the resource browser. the editing window opens, but as soon as i click on the colored square below the slider and the color picker opens up, the program crashes. i am able to apply a default gradient to an object and change the style and offsets through the attributes palette, but i can never add or change a color or create a custom gradient.

i'm close to the end of my rope with this, as my job depends on being able to use this tool in my drawings.

has anyone else experienced this problem, or does anyone have any possible solutions?

thanks,

sarah forrest

MacBook Pro, 2.66GHz, 4 GB ram

OS 10.5.8

VW 2011, SP4

it basically happens anytime i try to create a custom gradient, whether within an existing file or in a brand new file. i am stuck using only the default gradients. basically my custom gradients can only be white ---> black, just as the gradient looks right when you create a new resource. i've created a file for you to look at - can you tell me how to upload it to this forum?

thanks,

sarah forrest

ok, here is a sample file. this is what i'm limited to doing with gradients! as i stated before, when i try to edit this gradient through the resource browser, vw crashes right after the color picker loads and i tried to click on a new color. could it be some kind of conflict with the color pickers?

vw tech support has had me do everything from resetting my preferences file up to completely uninstalling and reinstalling vw. nothing has solved the problem!

thanks for taking a look at the file - i suspected you wouldn't have a problem with it. prior to purchasing vw 2011 i was still using vw12 on this exact computer, and i had no problems with editing or creating custom gradients. the problem has only come up since i've installed vw 2011.

i'm not sure about the video card - i have absolutely no problems with any of my other programs including photoshop, illustrator and sketchup. perhaps it is a quicktime problem, but i don't have the slightest clue how to figure that one out.

guess what....problem solved!

seems like it has something to do with sketchup. i came across another discussion board where someone was having a similar problem. another person suggested throwing out a file from users--->library--->colors. i did that and now i am able to edit gradients. if you are interested in reading the thread yourself, here's a link: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/sketchup/thread?tid=68211f5ba8f4ee3a&hl=en

thank you so much for trying to solve this for me. i've been frustrated by it for months!