Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

SetWSPlacement - Values?

Hey all,

Just doing some repetitive worksheet creation and writing some nifty scripts.

Can anyone tell what kind of value ranges are used for SetWSPlacement? I've been trying multiple options but I can't make my worksheet appear anywhere except the middle of the screen with no changes, which I presume means out of bounds/ I don't understand, or in the top left corner of the screen with no width or height changes.

Cheers,

J

So I've got some working values now after a little trial and error and searching through some scripts involving worksheets, *Cough* Pat Stanford *Cough*, and now I pose this.

1) Multiple Monitors - How re: Location

2) Percentage of screen - Identifying a users screen res and adjusting accordingly.

Call me crazy if you believe it to be so, :)

Cheers,

J

GetScreen should get you the top left and bottom right of the screen in pixels. I don't know if this gives you the total of both screens or not.

I don't think VW or VS understand the concept of screen resolution. I think they assume something like 72 pixels per inch. If you have more pixels, then a 1-inch square at 100% zoom will actually measure less than that on screen.

Take a look at this thread for more information:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=138817&Searchpage=1&Main=28454&Words=resolution&Search=true#Post138817

Thanks Pat,

Seems only one screen. It's odd that before it would insist on putting my worksheets on my third monitor and now it only wants them on my first. I thought it might be related to where the dialog box was or the pallet/resource browser you were using to run the script but right now it seems it's irrelevant.

Strange about the change in scale.

Cheers,

James