Coordinate System

I've got a few questions about VW Designer, and I'm struggling to figure out the answers.

1. Is there a way to get the dynamic input to display dimensions based on the reference point? For example, if you reference the endpoint of a wall, and drag away from it to start another wall, or insert a window a specific distance away, the dynamic input thing always references the same point on the drawing rather than the point you originally referenced. Or am I doing it wrong?

2. Can you show wall components in a hatched section view? For example in ACA, you can section a double leaf brick wall and it'll show the detail of bricks, mortar and insulation. I know VW will do textured versions if using Renderworks, but I mean 2D style, hatched.

3. Is it possible to get shadows in a plan view when you're using wireframe? Reason being I would like to be able to show the normal detail for a plan view, wall components, hatching etc, but shadows as well. I can only seem to get shadows in a rendered view, which means I can't display hatching, and the cut plane is set above the wall openings so no windows/doors are shown.

Thanks in advance!