Dimensions & Rounding Precision

Based on my experience with VW2008 and something someone on this list told me, I've been setting my Rounding Precision in General Display and Dimension Units to the maximum (1/64 & .0000000001.) I do this because I was having trouble with walls not lining up properly and showing a line in hidden line renders. I was told, back in 2008, that if I cranked up the Rounding Precision in Units, it would eliminate this problem and it seemed to do the trick.

Now I'm using VW2011 and would really like to be able to have my default rounding precision set at 1/8" so that my dimensions always round to 1/8". I can't find any place to make this adjustment other than within Units.

So, now I'm wondering if I can safely set my Rounding Precision in Units to 1/8" or if it will again result in misalignments and issues with hidden line renders.

Has anyone else out there had the same problems with misalignment? Is this still a problem in VW2011? Is there some other place that I can set the default rounding for dimensions?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.