vanished dimension leader preview

This is a simple problem , however irritating . Without apparent reason I have lost the display of dimension lines in preview as drawing the dimension and setting distance from drawing . this is now apparenty cross document , ie application related . I dont know what has happened to cause this but in drawing dimension I now only see a small cross symbol which is unconstrained and freely moving across the display with no snap and no line preview . Constraints are on as usual and menu bar states "Constrained Linear Dimension" .

Any idea s as to what is going on here or how I can regain the display of preview as drawing ?

David

2011 Architect

Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz intel core i5.

4 Gb Ram

Nvidia Gforce 330M

Not sure what you mean.

Normally, the Constrained Dimension tool in Linear mode has small cross cursor which moves with mouse in any direction on the screen until 1st click. Then a dashed line follows cursor in any direction until 2nd click. No constraints on motion or direction. Dimension displays after 2nd click, constrained either horiz or vert, and follows cursor until 3rd click to end the dim.

Are you not seeing the dashed line between 1st & 2nd click? Or dimension does not extend with cursor btw clicks 2 & 3?

Try a system reboot?

No snaps? Could be you are trying to snap to objects in non active layer and layer visibility is set to Show Others.

-B

Hi,

Thats a much clearer description of the process . so...

Steps 1&2 remain as always - , the difference arises between 2&3 - I see absolutely no preview of dimension line in rying to drag to distance away from object .

Normally I can also snap this prview to prior existing dimension line positions , however I am not finding difficulty in this , and following step 2 cursor is no longer constrined to vertical / horizontal pulling movement as previously , rather , moves freely in all directions across the display .

David

2011 Architect

Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz intel core i5.

4 Gb Ram

Nvidia Gforce 330M