Custom Titleblock Text Formating not "sticking"

TimG

I have a custom title block with text linked to a record... my problem is i format the text in my title block symbol to a different font... but when I hop out of the symbol the title block on the sheet changes the text to something other than whats in the symbol... any ideas to why this is happening?

From the VW Help "Creating a Custom Title Block in Vectorworks Fundamentals"

The title block geometry (pen color, line style, and line thickness) and text (font, style, and color) can either inherit the sheet border attributes, or retain those attributes as created. The ?By Class? setting in the Attributes palette indicates that the attributes should be inherited from the sheet border. If an attribute is not set to ?By Class,? then its original setting is retained.

The attributes of the title block elements are inherited from the sheet border:

Specify ?By Class? in the Attributes palette for these elements. For text font and style attributes, set the Pen Style by class to use the same font and style as the sheet border. For text color, set the Pen Color to ?Color By Class.?

The title block elements retain the attributes as created:

Set the attributes of the geometry and text from the Attributes palette when the title block is created. For text font and style attributes, set the Pen Style to Solid to use the text attributes set when the title block was created. For text color, select the desired Pen Color.

So edit your symbol and make sure the Pen Style of the text objects are not set to By Class